Wednesday, June 3, 2009

2. Why Iskandarisme?


Actually, I’m start blogging since 2007 but I stop for a while because the first project was unsuccessful. This is my first blog ever. But, I end up to starting up a new life with Iskandarisme. Hopefully, Iskandarisme will provide more information and benefits to all of you out there.

Why Iskandarisme? This is the question I had to answer before I decided to create this blog. It’s all start with Wikipedia and I’m sure you know more than me about this website. When I search for the words ‘Iskandar’ in Wikipedia, there are 797 items which could be found there. According to Wikipedia, Iskandar can be refer to:
  • Alexander the Great, by which name he is known in some cultures.

  • Iskandar, a Timurid ruler of Persia.

  • Iskandar Muda, famous ruler of Aceh Sultanate.

  • Iskandar Malaysia, the new main southern development corridor in Johor, Malaysia.

  • Sultan Iskandar, names of several Muslim rulers who share the same title and name.

But, actually I’m very interested in this one; Iskandar can refer to Alexander the Great, by which name he is known in some cultures. So, I checked again who is Alexander the Great. There’s no surprise there are a lot of information about him. Therefore, I will state a little bit information that I got from Wikipedia itself.

  • Alexander the Great also known as Alexander III of Macedon was an ancient Greek King (basileus) of Macedon (336–323 BC).

  • He was one of the most successful military commanders of all time and is presumed undefeated in battle.

  • By the time of his death, he had conquered the Achaemenid Persian Empire, adding it to Macedon's European territories; according to some modern writers, this was most of the world as known to the ancient Greeks.

Enough a little bit about him, let’s get back to Iskandarisme. Looking for the picture above, no wonder he became the most successful military commanders in his era. The point here is, I want to take the good side of the Iskandar or also known as Alexander the Great.

P.S: Is Iskandar and Alexander the Great is the same person? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment